TechCrunch TechCrunch is a group-edited blog that profiles the companies, products and events defining and transforming the new web.
- Coinbase disables margin trading following guidance from Commodity Futures Trading Commissionby Romain Dillet on November 25, 2020 at 9:37 am
Just a few months after launching margin trading on Coinbase Pro, the company is disabling the feature. Margin trading lets you trade on leverage. But it works both ways — margin trading lets you multiply your gains and your losses. Starting on November 25, 2pm PT, users won’t be able to place new margin trades.
- WeGift, the ‘incentive marketing’ platform, collects $8M in new fundingby Steve O'Hear on November 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
WeGift, the London-based startup that has built an “incentive marketing” platform that lets businesses easily issue e-gift cards and other digital rewards to customers, has raised $8 million in new funding. Dubbed a Series A extension, the round is led by AlbionVC. Existing investors including Stride.vc, SAP.iO fund and Unilever Ventures also followed on. Following
- As e-bikes boom, FuroSystems raises its first venture funding round ahead of a new model launchby Mike Butcher on November 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
With COVID-19 making commuters switch to bikes, and cities wanting cleaner air, the e-bike revolution is only just getting started. Further evidence of this is the news that today British e-bike manufacturer FuroSystems has closed its first institutional venture funding round of £750,000 with participation by TSP Ventures and European impact investment bank, ClearlySo, as
- The FCC rejects ZTE’s petition to stop designating it a “national security threat”by Catherine Shu on November 25, 2020 at 5:25 am
The Federal Communications Commission has rejected ZTE’s petition to remove its designation as a “national security threat.” This means that American companies will continue to be barred from using the FCC’s $8.3 billion Universal Service Fund to buy equipment and services from ZTE . The Universal Service Fund includes subsidies to build telecommunication infrastructure across
- Talking tech’s exodus, Twitter’s labels, and Medium’s next moves with founder Ev Williamsby Connie Loizos on November 25, 2020 at 3:52 am
Earlier today, we had the chance to talk with Twitter and Medium cofounder Ev Williams, along with operator-turned investor James Joaquin, who helps oversee the day-to-day of the mission-focused venture firm they separately cofounded six years ago, Obvious Ventures. We collectively discussed lot of venture-y things, some of which we’ll publish next week, so stayed
CNET Smart Home CNET takes you inside the Smart Home with easy-to-install technology upgrades that make homes more secure, energy efficient and comfortable.
- Best Black Friday 2020 deals: Big savings on TVs, headphones, Apple Watch, Roku, Fitbit, Chromebooks, more - CNETby Dave Johnson on November 25, 2020 at 12:58 am
Highlights include a 14-inch Chromebook for $199, the DJI Mavic Mini for $359 (possibly less) and AirPods for $119. Those deals and more from Amazon, Best Buy, Kohl's, Walmart and other stores.
- Black Friday vacuum deals: Sales on Shark, Dyson, Hoover, Bissell, Neato and more - CNETby Brian Bennett on November 24, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Right now is the best time of year to buy a new vacuum -- or a robot vacuum.
- Black Friday 2020 ad scans: Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Home Depot, Kohl's, Sam's Club and more - CNETby CNET staff on November 24, 2020 at 10:41 pm
Looking for Black Friday ads from major retailers? This is your home base.
- Google Home: Try these other mobile apps to unleash its full power - CNETby Dale Smith on November 24, 2020 at 10:15 pm
The Google Home app is a great starting point, but if you want to get the most out of your smart speakers, you'll need to download more apps.
- Early Black Friday router deals: Upgrade to mesh or Wi-Fi 6 at a holiday discount - CNETby Ry Crist on November 24, 2020 at 9:23 pm
It's that time of year again, and the Black Friday router deals are flying fast ahead of schedule. Here's what's on sale right now, and what's coming soon.