TechCrunch TechCrunch is a group-edited blog that profiles the companies, products and events defining and transforming the new web.
- The pandemic effect is slowingby Richard Dal Porto on July 31, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Welcome back to The TechCrunch Exchange, a weekly startups-and-markets newsletter for your weekend enjoyment.
- 5 lessons from Duolingo’s bellwether edtech IPO of the yearby Natasha Mascarenhas on July 31, 2021 at 4:51 pm
Duolingo landed onto the public markets this week, rallying excitement and attention for the edtech sector and its founder cohort. The language learning business’ stock price soared when it began to trade, even after the unicorn raised its IPO price range, and priced above the raised interval. Duolingo’s IPO proves that public market investors can
- China roundup: Keep down internet upstarts, cultivate hard techby Rita Liao on July 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Hello and welcome back to TechCrunch’s China roundup, a digest of recent events shaping the Chinese tech landscape and what they mean to people in the rest of the world. The tech industry in China has had quite a turbulent week. The government is upending its $100 billion private education sector, wiping billions from the
- This Week in Apps: Instagram restricts teens’ accounts, Elon Musk criticizes App Store fees, Google Play’s new policiesby Sarah Perez on July 31, 2021 at 2:40 pm
Welcome back to This Week in Apps, the weekly TechCrunch series that recaps the latest in mobile OS news, mobile applications and the overall app economy. The app industry continues to grow, with a record 218 billion downloads and $143 billion in global consumer spend in 2020. Consumers last year also spent 3.5 trillion minutes using apps on Android devices alone.
- Bring your own environment: The future of workby Ram Iyer on July 31, 2021 at 2:32 pm
A few years from now, the organizations that succeed will be the ones that resisted the urge to race everyone back to the office and instead rethought how their workforce operates.
CNET Smart Home CNET takes you inside the Smart Home with easy-to-install technology upgrades that make homes more secure, energy efficient and comfortable.
- Google Home routines: How to set custom commands and responses - CNETby Andrew Gebhart on July 31, 2021 at 7:00 am
You can say "Hey, Google, good morning" to start your day or make your own custom routine.
- 5 smart ways to repel mosquitos this summer - CNETby Molly Price on July 30, 2021 at 11:35 am
Don't let these pesky backyard blood suckers ruin your next cookout. Fight the bite with these proven methods for repelling mosquitos.
- Grab a Ring Doorbell and an Echo Show 5 bundle for $65 today (Update: Expired) - CNETby CNET staff on July 29, 2021 at 1:35 pm
This is an incredibly good deal for anyone looking to add security to their home.
- How to use the automatic responses on Ring Doorbells - CNETby Andrew Gebhart on July 29, 2021 at 11:00 am
Ring's Quick Replies are a great way to avoid talking to the person at your door.
- You can let Ring's Quick Replies do the talking video - CNETby Andrew Gebhart on July 29, 2021 at 11:00 am
Ring's video doorbells can talk to the person at your door so you don't have to. Here's how to use the feature and customize its responses.