- The pandemic effect is slowingby Richard Dal Porto on July 31, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Welcome back to The TechCrunch Exchange, a weekly startups-and-markets newsletter for your weekend enjoyment.
- 5 lessons from Duolingo’s bellwether edtech IPO of the yearby Natasha Mascarenhas on July 31, 2021 at 4:51 pm
Duolingo landed onto the public markets this week, rallying excitement and attention for the edtech sector and its founder cohort. The language learning business’ stock price soared when it began to trade, even after the unicorn raised its IPO price range, and priced above the raised interval. Duolingo’s IPO proves that public market investors can
- China roundup: Keep down internet upstarts, cultivate hard techby Rita Liao on July 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Hello and welcome back to TechCrunch’s China roundup, a digest of recent events shaping the Chinese tech landscape and what they mean to people in the rest of the world. The tech industry in China has had quite a turbulent week. The government is upending its $100 billion private education sector, wiping billions from the
- This Week in Apps: Instagram restricts teens’ accounts, Elon Musk criticizes App Store fees, Google Play’s new policiesby Sarah Perez on July 31, 2021 at 2:40 pm
Welcome back to This Week in Apps, the weekly TechCrunch series that recaps the latest in mobile OS news, mobile applications and the overall app economy. The app industry continues to grow, with a record 218 billion downloads and $143 billion in global consumer spend in 2020. Consumers last year also spent 3.5 trillion minutes using apps on Android devices alone.
- Bring your own environment: The future of workby Ram Iyer on July 31, 2021 at 2:32 pm
A few years from now, the organizations that succeed will be the ones that resisted the urge to race everyone back to the office and instead rethought how their workforce operates.
- What’s the Best Unlimited Data Plan?by Matt Jancer, Jeffrey Van Camp on July 31, 2021 at 12:00 pm
All the major US carriers have options that let you stream as much as you want. We’ve laid out how they work and which are best for individuals and families.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Meditation Appby Ashley Lauretta on July 31, 2021 at 11:00 am
The brain's default mode is set to mind-wandering. Your meditation app can bring you back into the now.
- The 14 Best Weekend Deals on Smartphones, Laptops, and Audioby Gear Team on July 31, 2021 at 11:00 am
Hunker down at home and block out the real world with these deals on Chromebooks, headphones, and more.
- The Best Laptop Stands to Save Your Achin' Neckby Medea Giordano on July 30, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Help your back and posture by raising your computer screen up to eye level.
- Why the History of Black Twitter Needed to Be Toldby WIRED Staff on July 30, 2021 at 12:00 pm
This week, Jason Parham takes us inside one of the most influential communities on the internet and shares their stories in their own words.