- 80% of the 22 million comments on net neutrality rollback were fake, investigation findsby Devin Coldewey on May 6, 2021 at 7:46 pm
Of the 22 million comments submitted to the FCC regarding 2017’s controversial rollback of net neutrality, some 18 million were fake, an investigation by the New York Attorney General’s office has found. The broadband industry funded the fraudulent creation of about 8.5 million of those, while a 19-year-old college student submitted 7.7 million, and the
- Virgin Orbit’s LauncherOne is returning to space in Juneby Aria Alamalhodaei on May 6, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Orbital launch company Virgin Orbit has scheduled its next mission to space. Virgin Orbit will be returning its LauncherOne rocket to orbit in June to deliver payloads for the U.S. Department of Defense Space Test Program, SatRevolution, and the Royal Netherlands Air Force. The manifest includes three CubeSat satellites as part of the DoD’s Rapid
- Chinese EV maker Nio is stepping outside of China for the first timeby Aria Alamalhodaei on May 6, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Chinese electric vehicle maker Nio has chosen a Norway — an EV hotspot — for its first foray into international markets. Nio Norway will offer a European version of ES8, Nio’s flagship electric SUV, to Norwegian customers from September this year. The ET7 sedan will follow in 2022. “The decision to have Norway as our
- Following Apple’s launch of privacy labels, Google to add a ‘safety’ section in Google Playby Sarah Perez on May 6, 2021 at 6:58 pm
Months after Apple’s App Store introduced privacy labels for apps, Google announced its own mobile app marketplace, Google Play, will follow suit. The company today pre-announced its plans to introduce a new “safety” section in Google Play, rolling out next year, which will require app developers to share what sort of data their apps collect,
- Shauntel Garvey of Reach Capital will join us to judge this year’s Startup Battlefieldby Ingrid Lunden on May 6, 2021 at 5:51 pm
TechCrunch’s Startup Battlefield is one of the most popular parts of our annual TechCrunch Disrupt conference which is happening on September 21-23 this year. Now we’re very excited to reveal one of the fine people who will be judging Startup Battlefield at this year’s all-virtual event in September: Shauntel Garvey, a general partner at Reach Capital,
- Here’s a Calendar Trick to Ease Post-Pandemic Reentryby Emily P.G. Erickson on May 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Ready or not, the world is opening up. Creating a daily rhythm calendar can help you take it all in at your own pace.
- Which Google Pixel Phone (and Gear) Should You Buy?by Julian Chokkattu on May 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Here’s a guide to all the models, along with case recommendations and software tips.
- 15 Last-Minute Deals on Mother’s Day Giftsby Louryn Strampe on May 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
We couldn’t find a discount on breakfast in bed, but these WIRED-recommended products are the next best thing.
- Peloton Recalls Treadmills After Injuries and a Child Deathby Lauren Goode on May 5, 2021 at 11:12 pm
A 6-year-old died after being pulled under the Tread+. It’s unclear what the next move will be for the connected-fitness-equipment maker.
- Google Remembers Android Tablets Exist, Adds a New Media Hubby Julian Chokkattu on May 5, 2021 at 3:30 pm
A surge in interest for large-screen slates has prompted the company to inject an “Entertainment Space” into the user interface.