- Coinbase disables margin trading following guidance from Commodity Futures Trading Commissionby Romain Dillet on November 25, 2020 at 9:37 am
Just a few months after launching margin trading on Coinbase Pro, the company is disabling the feature. Margin trading lets you trade on leverage. But it works both ways — margin trading lets you multiply your gains and your losses. Starting on November 25, 2pm PT, users won’t be able to place new margin trades.
- WeGift, the ‘incentive marketing’ platform, collects $8M in new fundingby Steve O'Hear on November 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
WeGift, the London-based startup that has built an “incentive marketing” platform that lets businesses easily issue e-gift cards and other digital rewards to customers, has raised $8 million in new funding. Dubbed a Series A extension, the round is led by AlbionVC. Existing investors including Stride.vc, SAP.iO fund and Unilever Ventures also followed on. Following
- As e-bikes boom, FuroSystems raises its first venture funding round ahead of a new model launchby Mike Butcher on November 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
With COVID-19 making commuters switch to bikes, and cities wanting cleaner air, the e-bike revolution is only just getting started. Further evidence of this is the news that today British e-bike manufacturer FuroSystems has closed its first institutional venture funding round of £750,000 with participation by TSP Ventures and European impact investment bank, ClearlySo, as
- The FCC rejects ZTE’s petition to stop designating it a “national security threat”by Catherine Shu on November 25, 2020 at 5:25 am
The Federal Communications Commission has rejected ZTE’s petition to remove its designation as a “national security threat.” This means that American companies will continue to be barred from using the FCC’s $8.3 billion Universal Service Fund to buy equipment and services from ZTE . The Universal Service Fund includes subsidies to build telecommunication infrastructure across
- Talking tech’s exodus, Twitter’s labels, and Medium’s next moves with founder Ev Williamsby Connie Loizos on November 25, 2020 at 3:52 am
Earlier today, we had the chance to talk with Twitter and Medium cofounder Ev Williams, along with operator-turned investor James Joaquin, who helps oversee the day-to-day of the mission-focused venture firm they separately cofounded six years ago, Obvious Ventures. We collectively discussed lot of venture-y things, some of which we’ll publish next week, so stayed
- Early Black Friday Deals You’ll Want to Snag Nowby Gear Team on November 24, 2020 at 10:35 pm
You don’t have to wait until the day after Thanksgiving—or leave your house—to get in on these discounts.
- Which Microsoft Surface Device Should You Buy?by Scott Gilbertson, Gear Team on November 24, 2020 at 2:00 pm
If you're having trouble figuring out whether to get the 2-in-1 Windows tablet hybrid or a traditional laptop, we're here to help.
- The Best Black Friday Phone, Tablet, and Watch Dealsby Julian Chokkattu, Gear Team on November 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm
We found discounts on Samsung Galaxy phones, Google Pixels, Apple Watches, iPads, and some great accessories.
- From Podcasts to Book Deals, Friendship Is Big Businessby Flora Tsapovsky on November 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Across the internet, pairs of best friends are parlaying their friendships into creative—and lucrative—business partnerships.
- Our Favorite Mattress Deals for Black Fridayby Medea Giordano, Gear Team on November 24, 2020 at 12:00 pm
You should never buy a mattress online unless it’s discounted. Luckily, there are some modest holiday deals going on our favorite models.