- Facebook’s decision-review body to take “weeks” longer over Trump ban callby Natasha Lomas on April 16, 2021 at 2:55 pm
Facebook’s self-styled and handpicked ‘Oversight Board’ will make a decision on whether or not to overturn an indefinite suspension of the account of former president Donald Trump within “weeks”, it said in a brief update statement on the matter today. The high profile case appears to have attracted major public interest, with the FOB tweeting
- The IPO market is sending us mixed messagesby Alex Wilhelm on April 16, 2021 at 2:49 pm
If you only stayed up to date with the Coinbase direct listing this week, you’re forgiven. It was, after all, one heck of a flotation. But underneath the cryptocurrency exchange’s public debut, other IPO news that matters did happen this week. And the news adds up to a somewhat muddled picture of the current IPO
- GM’s second $2.3B battery plant with LG Chem to open in late 2023by Kirsten Korosec on April 16, 2021 at 2:33 pm
GM and LG Chem announced Friday plans to build a second U.S. battery cell factory — a $2.3 billion facility in Spring Hill, Tennessee that will supply the automaker with the cells needed for the 30 electric vehicle models it plans to launch by mid decade. Construction on the plant, which is located next to
- What we all missed in UiPath’s latest IPO filingby Alex Wilhelm on April 16, 2021 at 2:10 pm
Robotic process automation platform UiPath filed its first S-1/A this week, setting an initial price range for its shares. The numbers were impressive, if slightly disappointing because what UiPath indicated in terms of its potential IPO value was a lower valuation than it earned during its final private fundraising. It’s hard to say that a company
- Level raises $27M from Khosla, Lightspeed ‘to rebuild insurance from the ground up’by Mary Ann Azevedo on April 16, 2021 at 2:10 pm
Level, a startup that aims to give companies a more flexible way to offer benefits to employees, has raised $27 million in a Series A funding round led by Khosla Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Operator Collective and leading angels also participated in the financing, along with previous backers First Round Capital and Homebrew. The
- Tips to Make Recovering From Surgery or Illness Easierby Jaime Stathis on April 16, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Embracing the tools that let us live and work in a pandemic made a recent recovery much easier. Here's what I learned.
- The Best Mouse (and Mousepads) for Every Kind of Gamerby Jess Grey on April 16, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Whether you’re into esports or casual fragging, these are the greatest gaming mice we’ve tested.
- Cord-Cutting Isn't About Saving Money. It's About Controlby Alex Cranz on April 16, 2021 at 11:00 am
Making the switch to streaming used to be a way to pay only for what you watched. Those days are long gone.
- Come Cry With Us on Gadget Lab’s 500th Episode Extravaganzaby WIRED Staff on April 16, 2021 at 11:00 am
This week, we mark a major milestone by inviting our podcast’s past co-hosts to share their memories of working on the show. It’s equal parts lulz and tears.
- DJI's New Drone Makes Aerial Cinematography a Breezeby Scott Gilbertson on April 15, 2021 at 1:00 pm
A better image sensor and more AI-powered video smarts make the Air 2S one of the best drones you can buy.