- Compass files S-1, reveals $3.7B in revenue on net loss of $270Mby Mary Ann Azevedo on March 2, 2021 at 2:26 am
Compass, the real-estate brokerage startup backed by roughly $1.6 billion in venture funding, filed its S-1 Monday. The move comes just under one year after the New York-based company laid off 15% of its staff as a result of the shifting economic fortunes created by the global response to the novel coronavirus pandemic. Prior to
- How China’s synthetic media startup Surreal nabs funding in 3 monthsby Rita Liao on March 2, 2021 at 1:31 am
What if we no longer needed cameras to make videos and can instead generate them through a few lines of coding? Advances in machine learning are turning the idea into a reality. We’ve seen how deepfakes swap faces in family photos and turn one’s selfies into famous video clips. Now entrepreneurs with AI research background
- Hyzon Motors’ hydrogen fuel ambitions include two US factoriesby Aria Alamalhodaei on March 2, 2021 at 12:32 am
Hyzon Motors plans to produce fuel cells, including a critical component required to power hydrogen vehicles, at two U.S. factories in a move aimed at kickstarting domestic production at a commercial scale. The hydrogen-powered truck and bus manufacturer has already leased a 28,000-square-foot facility in the Chicago suburb of Bolingbrook and plans to expand it
- Square’s bank arm launches as fintech aims ‘to operate more nimbly’by Mary Ann Azevedo on March 1, 2021 at 11:52 pm
Known for its innovations in the payments sector, Square is now officially a bank. Nearly one year after receiving conditional approval, Square said Monday afternoon that its industrial bank, Square Financial Services, has begun operations. Square Financial Services completed the charter approval process with the FDIC and Utah Department of Financial Institutions, meaning it’s ready for
- Kaltura files to go public on the back of accelerating revenue growth, rising lossesby Alex Wilhelm on March 1, 2021 at 11:41 pm
It's unicorn melting season, with gobs of investors hoping for liquidity while public markets are hot. Expect more Kalturas.
- The Best Fitness Trackers and Watches for Everyoneby Adrienne So on March 1, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Whether you're backcountry skiing or running around the backyard, we have an activity tracker for you.
- The Best Nintendo Switch Games for Every Kind of Playerby WIRED Staff on February 28, 2021 at 2:00 pm
From Hyrule to Hallownest, these are our absolute favorite video game escapes for the Switch and Switch Lite.
- How to Set Up a 4G LTE Wi-Fi Network as an Alternative to Broadbandby David Nield on February 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Connecting to cell networks is an increasingly viable option—here’s how it works.
- Period Underwear Changed My Life—and I'm Never Going Backby Medea Giordano on February 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Wearing underwear designed to absorb my menstrual flow—with no additional protection—has made my period more comfortable. It’s kinder to the planet too.
- Ultimate Ears' Fits Are the Comfiest Earbuds I've Ever Triedby Parker Hall on February 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The company's custom-molding headphones fit perfectly, even if you have oddly shaped earholes.