TechCrunch TechCrunch is a group-edited blog that profiles the companies, products and events defining and transforming the new web.
- 80% of the 22 million comments on net neutrality rollback were fake, investigation findsby Devin Coldewey on May 6, 2021 at 7:46 pm
Of the 22 million comments submitted to the FCC regarding 2017’s controversial rollback of net neutrality, some 18 million were fake, an investigation by the New York Attorney General’s office has found. The broadband industry funded the fraudulent creation of about 8.5 million of those, while a 19-year-old college student submitted 7.7 million, and the
- Virgin Orbit’s LauncherOne is returning to space in Juneby Aria Alamalhodaei on May 6, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Orbital launch company Virgin Orbit has scheduled its next mission to space. Virgin Orbit will be returning its LauncherOne rocket to orbit in June to deliver payloads for the U.S. Department of Defense Space Test Program, SatRevolution, and the Royal Netherlands Air Force. The manifest includes three CubeSat satellites as part of the DoD’s Rapid
- Chinese EV maker Nio is stepping outside of China for the first timeby Aria Alamalhodaei on May 6, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Chinese electric vehicle maker Nio has chosen a Norway — an EV hotspot — for its first foray into international markets. Nio Norway will offer a European version of ES8, Nio’s flagship electric SUV, to Norwegian customers from September this year. The ET7 sedan will follow in 2022. “The decision to have Norway as our
- Following Apple’s launch of privacy labels, Google to add a ‘safety’ section in Google Playby Sarah Perez on May 6, 2021 at 6:58 pm
Months after Apple’s App Store introduced privacy labels for apps, Google announced its own mobile app marketplace, Google Play, will follow suit. The company today pre-announced its plans to introduce a new “safety” section in Google Play, rolling out next year, which will require app developers to share what sort of data their apps collect,
- Shauntel Garvey of Reach Capital will join us to judge this year’s Startup Battlefieldby Ingrid Lunden on May 6, 2021 at 5:51 pm
TechCrunch’s Startup Battlefield is one of the most popular parts of our annual TechCrunch Disrupt conference which is happening on September 21-23 this year. Now we’re very excited to reveal one of the fine people who will be judging Startup Battlefield at this year’s all-virtual event in September: Shauntel Garvey, a general partner at Reach Capital,
CNET Smart Home CNET takes you inside the Smart Home with easy-to-install technology upgrades that make homes more secure, energy efficient and comfortable.
- ADT vs. Vivint: Which professional home security system is better? - CNETby Dale Smith on May 6, 2021 at 1:26 pm
You'd think it would come down to an old dog versus new tricks and, well, you wouldn't be entirely wrong about that.
- Belkin spinoff Phyn launches new puck-sized leak detector with up to 2 years battery life - CNETby Dale Smith on May 6, 2021 at 12:00 pm
The company is also selling a couple of extenders to detect water problems between, under and around tight spaces.
- Have an old Samsung Galaxy phone? Here's how to turn it into a smart home device - CNETby Dale Smith on May 5, 2021 at 11:15 am
The company's Upcycling at Home program, which encourages people to convert their old phones rather than selling or trading them in, is now in beta.
- A supercharged Blendtec blender is at the lowest price we've seen - CNETby David Watsky on May 4, 2021 at 4:24 pm
The elite five-speed blender is down to $190 for today only.
- Mother's Day gift ideas for a foodie mom - CNETby Pamela Vachon on May 4, 2021 at 2:32 pm
These great gifts for a culinary queen will still arrive by May 9.