TechCrunch TechCrunch is a group-edited blog that profiles the companies, products and events defining and transforming the new web.
- Vitosha Venture Partners launches $30M fund to back Bulgarian-related early-stage startupsby Mike Butcher on June 17, 2021 at 6:12 pm
Vitosha Venture Partners is a brand new venture fund launching out of Bulgaria, and backed by the Bulgarian government. The 26 million euro ($30M) fund aims to invest in approximately 100 companies, starting from low ticket sizes all the way up to a million, in early-stage and growth-stage companies that are based in or related
- Apple AirTags UX teardown: The trade-off between privacy and user experienceby Annie Siebert on June 17, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Apple’s AirTags have been out for more than a month. Now that they've been out getting lost in the wild, we sent our resident UX analyst to do just that.
- Wise announces plans to go public via direct listingby Romain Dillet on June 17, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Wise, the fintech company formerly known as TransferWise, has announced that it wants to become a public company on the London Stock Exchange. Instead of following the traditional IPO route, Wise plans to go public via a direct listing. This is going to be the biggest direct listing on the London Stock Exchange. If you’re
- Gusto makes first acquisition, buying Ardius to expand into R&D tax creditsby Danny Crichton on June 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Free money from the government sounds like winning the lottery, but the reality is that most tech startups and even local retail businesses and restaurants can potentially qualify for tax credits related to research and development in the United States. Those credits, which is what helps tech giants keep their tax rates to near zero,
- 5 tips for brands that want to succeed in the new era of influencer marketingby Annie Siebert on June 17, 2021 at 4:51 pm
In the new creator economy, the selectiveness of creators means stiff competition for a brand's ideal influencers. But that doesn’t mean working with influencers is out of reach for smaller brands.
CNET Smart Home CNET takes you inside the Smart Home with easy-to-install technology upgrades that make homes more secure, energy efficient and comfortable.
- Best early Prime Day 2021 deals: Echo Buds $80, Kasa Smart Plug $7.50 and more - CNETby Rick Broida on June 17, 2021 at 2:05 pm
Amazon has already slashed prices on lots of products. Find out which ones are worth grabbing now.
- Prime Day 2021: 12 big deals available now, plus new Echo and Fire TV price cuts just announced - CNETby Russell Holly on June 17, 2021 at 1:16 pm
Prime Day deals are coming in hot, and Amazon just confirmed more price drops that will start by Monday.
- Amazon Echo Show 5 (2nd gen) review: Still better than an Echo Dot - CNETby Dale Smith on June 16, 2021 at 8:13 pm
If you need a full-featured Alexa smart screen, get a bigger Echo Show 8. But if all you want is an inexpensive Alexa speaker, spring for an Echo Show 5.
- Best Buy Bigger Deal sale: Google Stadia, Jedi: Fallen Order, smart trash can and more - CNETby Tuong Nguyen on June 16, 2021 at 12:06 am
Best Buy's answer to Prime Day continues, with a $50 Google Stadia Premiere Edition bundle, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for $20 and half off automatic trash cans.
- Best Alexa devices for 2021: Ring, Wyze, August and more - CNETby David Priest on June 15, 2021 at 11:00 pm
The voice assistant on your Amazon Echo devices can do more than tell jokes. It can control your whole house.