TechCrunch TechCrunch is a group-edited blog that profiles the companies, products and events defining and transforming the new web.
- Joe Biden’s new gigby Walter Thompson on January 20, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Investors and businesses should not overlook how quickly President Biden will move on policy – especially as it relates to the future of work and getting the U.S. economy back on track.
- Fintech startups and unicorns had a stellar Q4 2020by Alex Wilhelm on January 20, 2021 at 3:12 pm
This morning, as America itself resets, let's take a moment to understand last year just a little bit better as we get into this new one.
- MIT develops method for lab-grown plants that eventually lead to alternatives to forestry and farmingby Darrell Etherington on January 20, 2021 at 2:54 pm
Researchers at MIT have developed a new method for growing plant tissues in a lab – sort of like how companies and researchers are approaching lab-grown meat. The process would be able to produce wood and fibre in a lab environment, and researchers have already demonstrated how it works in concept by growing simple structures
- Cannabis marketing startup Fyllo acquires DataOwlby Anthony Ha on January 20, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Fyllo has acquired DataOwl, a company offering marketing and loyalty tools for cannabis retailers. Fyllo said it already works with 320 cannabis retailers across 25 states (plus Puerto Rico and Jamaica). According to Chief Marketing Officer Conrad Lisco, this acquisition allows the company to offer the industry’s “first end-to-end marketing solution,” combining consumer data, digital
- SpaceX delivers 60 more Starlink satellites in first launch of 2021, and sets new Falcon 9 rocket reusability recordby Darrell Etherington on January 20, 2021 at 2:08 pm
SpaceX has launched its 17th batch of Starlink satellites during its first mission of 2021, using a Falcon 9 rocket that was flying for the eighth time, and that landed again, recording a record for its reusability program. This puts the total Starlink constellation size at almost 1,000, as the company has expanded its beta
CNET Smart Home CNET takes you inside the Smart Home with easy-to-install technology upgrades that make homes more secure, energy efficient and comfortable.
- Best blenders of 2021: NutriBullet, Ninja, Oster and more - CNETby Molly Price on January 20, 2021 at 4:55 pm
From making smoothies to grating cheese, these top blenders can keep up with all your culinary demands.
- Today's top deals: Lenovo Smart Clock and 4 smart bulbs for $30, Battlefield 1 for under $1, more - CNETby Rick Broida on January 20, 2021 at 2:01 pm
Also on tap: EarFun's impressive Air earbuds for $39 (save $21).
- Best dishwasher features for 2021 - CNETby Andrew Gebhart on January 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Modern dishwashers pack cool tricks inside seemingly ordinary exteriors. These subtle features are worth an upgrade.
- Lorex launches a 2K video doorbell with person detection - CNETby Megan Wollerton on January 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The Lorex Wired Video Doorbell streams in 2K.
- Two problems making your internet slow, and how to fix them - CNETby David Priest on January 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
Here's how to improve your Wi-Fi, whether it's a problem with your router or your provider.